Show All Results
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Carlsbad Gene Therapy Viral Vector Manufacturing is a contract manufacturing site that produces drug substance and drug products for gene therapy and oncology applications. We are seeking a qualified Production Coordinator who will be responsible for supporting the manufacturing organization in a variety of capacities. As part of a dynamic Contract Manufacturing Organization, the successful candidate will work with internal and external stakeholders to manage complex timelines, and aggressive production schedules. This position will partner with the Production Planning organization to schedule resources, manage external support function activities such as GMP cleaning, gowning & PPE supplies, and function as a point of contact during activities which impact production or the production facility.
As Production Coordinator, you will support successful execution of manufacturing timelines through managing resource utilization and becoming the key point of contact during non-production activities. This role is responsible for developing a comprehensive resource map to support the production schedule as well as facilitating execution of non-production activities. This is a long term, growth opportunity for ambitious candidates with excellent technical and organizational skills and leadership potential.
While performing the duties, the employee is:
- Constantly required to sit and reach to use computers and other office/lab equipment
- Constantly required to view objects at close and distant ranges
- Frequently required to communicate with others
Employee frequently will work in an office environment and production area with computer equipment, machinery, tools, and moderate amounts of noise and activity. Employee may occasionally be exposed to fumes, airborne particles, chemicals, vibration and biohazardous materials. The work environment is fast-paced and demanding. This position has the utmost responsibility for compliance with the rules and regulations regarding a safe and healthy work environment. Employee will conduct off- shift, weekend, and overtime duties as assigned by the manager of the employee.
Who you are:
- BS in Chemistry, Biology or a scientific discipline with 4+ years of biopharma operations experience
- AA in a scientific discipline with 6+ years of biopharma operations experience
- 2+ years of planning and scheduling in a biopharma/medical device or biotech industry
- 2+ of regulated operations experience
- 2+ years of working cross functionally
- 2+ years of experience with Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement concepts
- 1+ years develop strong working relationships with internal clients such as QC, QA, Maintenance, Process Engineering, & Technical Operations.
- 2+ years of MS experience with Word, Excel and One Note
- Creates and manages the resource plan to support the production schedule, in partnership with all plant support departs
- Strong understanding of Production Planning principles
- Exposure to scheduling tools
- Work closely with mfg. trainer to ensure required skillsets are available to support the plan
- Manage 3rd party GMP cleaner activities
- Manage PPE vendors, including monitoring of required stock and adjustments as needed to vendor-managed inventory
- Supporting resolution and avoidance of unplanned work stopages, by becoming the point of contact and managing effective communication for all stakeholders
- Maintain high level knowledge of manufacturing procedures to ensure appropriate resource planning.
- Contributes ideas and suggestions to improve Quality systems production and Compliance
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement; act as champion improvement initiatives
- Comply with company quality EH&S requirements.
- Promote a safety-first culture.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.