Show All Results
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
The Operations Manager is responsible for Production and Warehouse at the Irvine site.
This covers the Dry Powder Media department, Liquid Media department, the Raw Material Warehouse and the Finish Goods Warehouse.
- Management of site Dry Powder Media & Liquid Media manufacturing function, ensuring all manufacturing practices comply with all appropriate cGMP and H&S regulations and guidelines
- Management of site Warehouses (Raw Materials & Finish Goods) function, ensuring all practices comply with all appropriate regulations and H&S regulations and guidelines
- Management of KPI for DPM & LM manufacturing function in line with department, site and corporate targets as well as Warehouse KPIs
- Generates monthly reports detailing KPI performance
- Monitors the utilization of resources and production output to achieve site productivity and efficiency targets
- Preparation and management of DPM, LM and warehouse departments expense budgets
- Site contact out with core business hours to provide support and direction to 24/7 shift personnel
- Drive DPM, LM and Warehouse departmental continuous improvement activities and support site based continuous improvements. Ensure a continuous improvement culture is incorporated and maintained within DPM, LM and Warehouse departments.
- Responsible for the training, mentoring and coaching of staff
- Provides development opportunities for individuals identified on the site development plan
- Provides a safe working environment for all staff within the DPM, LM and Warehouse Departments
- Lead customer and regulatory audit tours within DPM, LM and Warehouse department
- Lead and participate in site-based root cause analysis activities
Who you are:
- Good communicator with ability to liaise with multi-disciplinary teams
- Exceptional people leader with a proven track record of effective succession planning and employee development
- Knowledge of batch and aseptic processing, cGMP as applicable to the pharmaceutical industry, standard financial and P&L accountability practices, and MRP systems (preferably SAP-PPI.
- Sense of urgency working to tight deadlines
- Effective problem solving and organizational skills.
- Excellent computer skills
- Effective resource management
- People management experience
- Working knowledge of HS&E systems including Permit to Work etc.
- Ability to lead a diverse work group
- Strong written communication skills
- Proven ability to lead and participate as part of a team.
- Working experience and understanding of current GMP requirements
- Setting and executing site KPI‘s
- Setting, reviewing and assessing team performance
- Knowledge of change control systems and validation processes in a cGMP environment
- Experience of controlling a department budget
- Knowledge and understanding of Gemba and Kaizen principles
- Working knowledge of Lean methodologies
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com