Show All Results
Sr. Project Engineer
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Develop and implement engineering solutions to internal customer problems and opportunities. Provide project management and engineering on small to medium capital projects (up to $1,000,000) from initiation through start-up and closure documentation. Also provide engineering support on larger projects. This position manages and coordinates small to medium site and facility construction projects, develops capital project costs and schedule for projects typically up to $500,000, provides AutoCAD support on larger capital projects, assists operations during startup and commissioning of capital projects, manage and complete an average of 10 – 20 capital projects annually.
- Evaluate problems and opportunities and develop solutions
- Develop project requirements and approximate costs
- Manage small to medium capital project scope, budget, and schedule through project life cycle
- Manage multiple projects concurrently
- Procure necessary contractors, materials, and equipment to support projects
- Manage assigned portions of projects under the direction of a senior project engineer or engineering director
- Manage and coordinate project design and development of construction documents
- Manage and coordinate construction phase of project
- Manage and coordinate startup, commissioning, validation and closeout of the project
- Manage quality control objectives through all phases of the project
- Attend seminars, conferences and training to maintain and expand technical expertise
- Support departmental process improvement efforts based on annual objectives
- Support Quality related investigations and corrections
- Be available for weekend and holiday on-call and after-hours duty.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted and additional weight with assistance.
- Vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Occasionally wear PPE, such as a hard hat, safety shoes, eye protection, hearing protection, a safety harness, protective clothing and gloves, respirator and face shield.
- Ability to work at varying heights.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's Degree in any discipline
- 3+ years of work experience in project management
- Experience in a chemical production environment
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and team building skills
- Technical engineering skills
- Ability to read and interpret MilliporeSigma’s and external regulatory agencies’, policies, codes, standards and regulations
- Effective customer service skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Effective project scope conceptualization skills
- Effective, disciplined, and demonstrated documentation skills
- Effective negotiation skills
- Proficient in the use of standard office software
- Understanding of the Project Management Models
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.