Show All Results
Application Developer Lead
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
APAC Application Technology Marketing & Sales (M&S) team is looking for a Software Developer Lead to be based in Shanghai/Beijing Office China. The Developer Lead is a role with a professional software developer and leader experience who to lead the develop team and design/deliver high quality software/project for our business. The goal is to lead the team for design and implementation of projects with standard flow for our business requirements align with company’s strategy, technical standards and regulations.
This role will also work with stakeholders to interpret and translate business needs to technical requirements and lead from inception to production, suggest solution approach for our software development needs, tune the development process and establish best practices. Research and suggest new develop tools and methods for services and process improvement.
• More than 10+ years of leading commercial software development by closely working with cross teams, architects, business owners and other stakeholders, analyze requirements to provides and validates development estimations, and determine if enough level of detail is provided and decomposing to user stories/tasks.
• More than 10+ years’ experience with designing and implementing (develop, test, debug, and document) new and existing software with a focus on user experience to ensure software meets business, quality and operational needs.
• Ensures quality code is delivered by recommending and enforcing best coding design patterns and practices, continuous integration, development, and testing. Drive and participate in code and document reviews, coaching team in best engineering practices.
• Enable robust, scalable and maintainable software, ensure high quality software is delivered by following engineering practices like peer code reviews, code standards, and unit testing and ensures the design properly address security and performance.
• Apply extensive technical expertise to resolve challenging programming and design problems.
• Handle difficult tasks or technical problems in the development and work out solutions.
• Contribute to technical roadmap and technical debt elimination, balancing time, resource, and quality constraints to achieve business and strategic goals and requirements.
• Creates and maintains DevOps processes (like Automation, CI/CD Pipeline, Code Management, etc.).
• Able to research and learn the latest techniques and best practices for development and performance.
• Willingness to adapt to changing requirements and ability to prioritize accordingly.
Who you are:
• Candidate is expected to have proficient software development experience and in depth understanding of different phases of software development lifecycle with Agile Scrum processes.
• Knowledge of Front-end popular web development technologies for cross-platforms, like Flutter/Angular/React/VUE/NodeJS, etc.
• Knowledge of Backend services development based on cloud platform. Familiar with patters like micro-service, MVC, Sprint boot, etc.
• Knowledge of task and source code control tools (e.g., Jira, GIT).
• Experience of architecture design, including UML, Modeling and Design skills.
• Experience of CI/CD tools (e.g., Jenkins, SonarQube).
• Strong understanding of HTTPS, TCP/IP, RESTful API and Web Security concepts.
• Ability to evaluate various development methodologies SCRUM, Waterfall based on project requirement and good understanding of agile development like Scrum.
• Possess strong analytical skills with excellent problem-solving abilities is a plus.
• Familiar with regular enterprise systems (SAP, SFDC,) and integration is a plus.
Education Minimum Requirement:
• B.S. or higher degree is required in Computer Science, Software/Information Engineering or equivalent area is preferred.
• Good oral and written English and communication skills
Preferred base location is Shanghai/Beijing.
Functional Area: Information Technology
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com