Show All Results
QC Analytical Scientist
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Responsible for execution of a wide range of analytical methods, quality assurance and control tests to suit a wide range of chemicals produced/used at various stages of production and research in a contract research and custom synthesis lab. Document all analytical data in electronic format.
Strives for continuous improvement:
- Be member of RCA team to investigate the reasons for any defect in quality etc.
- Works on suggesting improvement procedures to cut costs, reduce safety hazards, raise purity, or suggest changes to improve batch-to-batch consistency.
- Develops or improves analytical processes.
- Demonstrates understanding of process improvement in submitting Department Kaizens.
Maintains equipment and laboratory and calibrate equipment as necessary:
- Maintains all analytical equipment
- Calibrates analytical / test equipment as necessary.
- Maintains a neat and orderly workplace and office.
- Stocks supplies, verifies inventories and orders fresh stocks for key reagents and salts as required.
- Prepares necessary standards and stock solutions as necessary
Communicates results of lab work & maintains parameters as required in shift
- Writes and revises procedures.
- Documents results and observations per department guidelines (e.g., Lab Notebook, Project Files)
- Communicates technical results to supervisors, customers and colleagues.
- Monitor all parameters as required in a shift and records all observations during shift
Compliance to Integrated Management System
- Understand and follow process & procedures laid down in IMS.
Ensure compliance to IMS
Who you are:
- M.Sc. in Chemistry, preferably Analytical from a reputed university with an excellent academic background
- Experience of 4 to 6 Years:
- Experience preferably in Analytical Techniques in a good pharmaceutical or fine chemical unit.
- Working knowledge of analytical techniques specifically wet analysis and elemental analysis (CHN) and instrumental methods like GC, HPLC, auto-titration and IR.
- Knowledge of cGMP, clean rooms and statistical techniques - QC and/or production, safe work practices.
- Skills at problem solving and development of analytical techniques to suit production conditions.
- Good Computational skills with word processing, spreadsheets and database management.
- Ability to work in teams of competent QC and production personnel. Quest for continuous improvement in work processes.
- Knowledge on Quality tools (RCA), CAPA, SQC and SPC
- Knowledge and Practice of QUALITY MAINTAINENCE is preferable
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com