Show All Results
A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
At EMD Serono the Scientist, Immunology will perform early-stage research to identify and evaluate therapeutic target as well as serve as a biology lead and/or provide project leadership for drug discovery projects in the autoimmunity/inflammation disease area. He/she will provide, maintain and grow expertise in human immunology as applied to both drug discovery and translational efforts. Working collaboratively the Scientist, Immunology will develop and conduct in vitro cell-based assays and biomarkers studies to further our understanding of human autoimmune diseases and evaluate potential drug candidates.
- Identification, evaluation and champion new target ideas and technologies
- Contribute to discovery project and cross-functional team to meet milestones
- Design, execute and interpret in vitro and cell-based assays to assess the biological roles of new targets, determine mechanisms of action, identify pharmacodynamics markers, and evaluate drug candidates
- Conduct translational biomarker studies using samples from patients with autoimmune diseases to support pharmacodynamics and target engagement biomarker discovery
- Prepare and report results and research plans to senior management
- Operate state of the art laboratory equipment such as Flow Cytometer, ImageStream, CyTOF and QPCR-based expression platforms, as needed
- Manage external collaborations with academic institutions and CRO
- Read and critically evaluate the literature, lead or contribute to scientific publications
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Immunology, Biology or other related Scientific discipline with 3+ years’ experience in Immunology or Master’s degree in Immunology, Biology or other related Scientific discipline
- PhD in Immunology, solid understanding of Immunology principles
- 3+ years of postdoctoral research experience in academic or pharmaceutical industry settings
- Specific knowledge and hand-on experience in the following areas are highly desirable:
- Tissue culture, especially human primary cell culture, immune cell isolation from human whole blood/PBMC
- Cell-based assays: human immune cell co-culture, MLR, proliferation, cytokine analysis
- Flow cytometry: multicolor intracellular and surface staining, phosphor-flow assay
- Molecular Biology: DNA/RNA isolation, QPCR, Western blotting
- Bioanalytical assays: ELISA, Luminex, or MSD
- Ability to operate standard laboratory equipment, including FACS, EnVision, ImageStream
- Highly proficient with computer software: GraphPad Prism, BD FACS Diva, Flow Jo, Microsoft Office, Cytobank
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.