Show All Results
Principal Virology Scientist, Development Services
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Principal Scientist, Virology is the primary scientific resource for the Development Services group within Process Solution Services. You will be responsible for the scientific integrity of technical work performed within our Virology Development Services department and for ensuring the needs of internal and external clients are appropriately met. You will assume all aspects of the lead scientist role in development & validation of new customer assays, troubleshooting & process improvement of existing assay and evaluation of new instrumentation/technologies in line with appropriate quality driven requirements and regulations. The Principal Scientist reports directly to the Head of Development Services and will have direct line management of a small local team of employees.
You are an experienced project leader with in-depth experience of directing in vitro virus cell culture and/or in vivo virology programs and have a demonstrated record of conducting high-quality research projects that delivered applied solutions. You would also be responsible for the generation and presentation of virology abstracts, posters or podium presentations for scientific conferences or internal science forums, webinars, board meetings and client meetings.
Critical to the success of the role is the ability to maintain effective working relationships with the wider organization including peers within Commercial, Operational, Quality and Program Management, Laboratory Scientists and external vendors and clients.
Who You Are:
- Ph.D in Biological Sciences or related field.
- 8+ years working experience in post-graduate research or industry roles within Virology or Biological Sciences with equivalent industry experience.
- Working knowledge and hands on experience in developing robust analytical methods.
- Experience with any of these techniques - Virus identification, Viral Isolation, Viral titration assays, Virus neutralization (VN), Hemagglutination inhibition (HI), ELISA, Indirect fluorescent antibody (IFA), Complement fixation (CF), Agar-gel immunodiffusion (AGID), Agar-gel precipitin (AGP), Latex agglutination (LA).
- Background in the validation and life-cycle management of methods and their critical reagents.
- Ability to effectively allocate resources across multiple projects and deliver on aggressive timelines.
- Previous line management or supervisory experience.
- Ability to provide strong scientific leadership in delivering custom solutions to internal and external clients.
- Lead by example, offer scientific coaching and mentoring to other staff members (training and scientific support for ongoing projects).
- Ability to lead from the bench in problem solving and the development of innovative solutions.
- Monitor industry trends to ensure that Process Solutions remains at the forefront of scientific advancements in the area of viral assays; review and recommend potential technical developments to senior / executive management.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.