Show All Results
Account Manager Biomonitoring (Life Science)
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
As Account Manager Biomonitoring, you will be focused on promotion of Merck LS products and solutions for industrial microbiology. Your responsibility is to manage and achieve sales growth and profit margin targets through regular field travel and proactive communication with customers. Time at the field should be 80%
- Act as a sales rep within the sales team exemplifying role model behavior including the consistent development of a robust pipeline of opportunities
- Learn industry trends/ best practices & proactively propose innovative solutions
- Travel to gain and maintain first-hand knowledge and business relationships with accounts as it relates to business retention and acquisition
- Be responsible for mapping account focus/type (e.g. Biotech, pharma etc.) key contacts, decision makers
- Focus his/her efforts to win new opportunities that are of strategic long-term value while retaining existing business.
- Prepare and execute plans, report monthly on the progress towards approved objectives, justify variances and indicate corrective actions taken
- Utilize all internal resources and systems to provide information, quotations and negotiate long term pricing for continued and incremental growth
- Participate in both product and sales training, build skills and drive incremental growth
- Enter all pipeline activity and updates into SFDC, dashboard reports and any other reports as requested by management
- Support products penetration across all portfolio categories
- Close interaction with the operations teams to identify and mitigate risks
- Collaborate with supply chain to optimize efficiency
Who you are:
- BS Degree in microbiology, biology, biochemistry, biotechnology, chemistry or related discipline
- 2+ years of prior sales experience and / or 1+ year of science related experience
- Knowledge of industrial microbiology would an asset.
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent communication, both written and verbal.
- Ability to negotiate, work in team environment & meet deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with a high degree of independence.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently, able to prioritize.
- Capable of influencing and navigating through a complex organization.
- Basic computer competency is required (Microsoft Office, web-based tools, SAP)
- Ability to travel
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com