Show All Results
Manufacturing Technician 3
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Manufacturing Technician III position will work in a cleanroom environment and adhere to cGMP batch records and SOPs to manufacture viral vector products. Employees will support projects in conjunction with other GMP Manufacturing personnel (Leads, Supervisors, Managers). Employees are expected to prepare suites for manufacturing, to prepare and autoclave tubing assemblies, and to operate in a safe manner for the employee, others in the GMP Manufacturing suites, and for the inspection and labeling of Final Product being manufactured. The employee must be able to work off-shifts, weekends, and additional hours as required. The employee must have the ability to perform moderately physical activity. The employee must have the ability to perform very complex tasks with attention to detail. The employee must be self-motivated, work well in a group, and communicate well with all levels of the operations team.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor of Science degree and 3+ years of experience or HS Diploma/GED and 8+ years work experience in a cGMP clean room environment performing aseptic manufacturing operations.
- 3+ years of directly related experience in upstream and/or downstream in aseptic manufacturing operations
- 3+ years’ experience understanding of cGMP/GDP concepts
- 3+ years’ experience with sterile cell culture and aseptic operations in a BSC/LFH (bio safety cabinet, laminar flow hood)
- 3+ years’ experience basic troubleshooting of cell culture systems and/or purification systems
- 3+ years knowledge of biology and chemistry
- 1+ years’ experience drafting and revising Standard Operating Procedures, Batch Records and Item Specifications
- 2+ years’ experience working knowledge of desktop computers and technical equipment (MS Office)
- 3+ years’ experience compliance with safety guidelines
- Experience with mammalian cell lines for vial thaw and flask expansion operations
- Disposable bioreactors (25 to 100L, Wave, SUB, iCELLis), viral vector manufacturing experience
- Experience growing mammalian adherent cultures in T-Flasks, CellSTACKs and/or HYPERstacks
- Experience growing mammalian suspension cultures in Erlenmeyer Flasks, Spinner Flasks, and Bioreactors
- Tangential flow filtration (UF/DF) with hollow fiber membranes and/or cassettes (plate and frame)
- Sterile filtration of media, buffers, and drug product
- Experience with GE AKTA Purification Skid operation / column chromatography / column packing
- Media and buffer preparation
- Experience in semi-automated filling and finishing final product
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.