Show All Results
Associate Production Scientist
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Associate Production Scientist is a critical role in the safe and efficient manufacturing of APIs according to cGMP requirements.
- Kilo Lab and Pilot Plant manufacturing of APIs and intermediates
- Demonstrate proper lab safety practices, and work in accordance with FDA, OSHA, EPA, DNR, DOT, and other regulatory agency guidelines
- Working in a team environment, and being an effective member of a project team (PD through Production)
- Effectively operating production equipment
- Maintaining the safety and cleanliness of production areas and all related equipment during each shift, specifically potent compound handling techniques
- Providing support to the Managers and other team members, under a multi-shift manufacturing environment
- Authoring and utilizing a wide variety of written procedures, including batch records and OP’s with assistance from a supervisor.
- Maintaining accurate and concise cGMP records as a primary or secondary operator
- Responsible for keeping inventory up to date during each shift, and purchasing raw materials for assigned projects
- Working on problems of limited scope in which analysis of a situation or data requires a review of identifiable factors
- Adhering to SAFC ethical and behavioral standards as outlined in the employee handbook
- Striving to be a role model for other employees through superb work habits and excellent occupational behavior
- May wear respirators, Saranex and/or Tyvek suits, and other personal protective equipment when handling highly potent/hazardous materials
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related Life Science or,
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- 4+ years of pharmaceutical, chemical, or related production manufacturing experience
- Multi-tasking while paying close attention to detail
- Strong computer literacy
- Possess a high degree of motivation and are a self-starter
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.