Show All Results
Associate Scientist 3
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
As an Associate Scientist 3 your activities will support assay development through commercial application of new and innovative service offerings within the biosafety testing space. You are responsible for the scientific integrity of technical work performed in the laboratory, and are required to make scientific observations, maintain detailed workbooks/documentation and ensure all documentation fulfills generally accepted professional/industry standards. Requirements also include maintaining a thorough understanding of company testing services, technical principles and applications as they apply to your position.
Perform assays/ testing for a laboratory within Biologics. This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
- Conducts assigned testing independently within constraints of lab scheduling.
- Aseptic handling of various mammalian cell lines in culture.
- Responsible for organizing cell line initiations and laboratory scheduling for the GMP lab.
- Conducts cell culture and sample preparation per SOP with minimal supervision, in compliance with cGMP and GLP.
- Maintains complete and comprehensive records for study integrity.
- Makes detailed observations, documents results and performs data analysis.
- Demonstrates a consistently high level of quality of work.
- Operates and maintains lab equipment as required by SOPs and testing procedures.
- Performs peer review of assay batch/lab records to ensure Right First Time (RFT).
- Utilizes applicable computer programs during testing and routine tasks (i.e. Word, Excel, Oracle, LIMS, BRIQS, etc.).
- Utilizes problem solving/ trouble shooting skills.
- Communicates deviations/ events, progress and interim results to Study Management.
- Informs supervisor of deviations or factors that may affect quality and accuracy of data.
- Contributes to the completion of event records.
- Maintains a working knowledge of lab procedures and assays.
- Creates/ revises SOPs, laboratory records and other related documentation as assigned.
- Performs training of laboratory personnel as needed/ assigned.
- Contribute ideas and suggestions to improve standard laboratory techniques, improve protocols, processes and equipment.
- May serve as a team lead.
- Assumes roles on more complex team projects.
- Complies with company health and safety regulations and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Maybe required to work overtime or flexible shifts.
Who you are:
- Master’s degree in a scientific discipline (i.e. Biology, Biochemistry, etc.) with 1+ years laboratory experience – OR -
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline (i.e. Biology, Biochemistry, etc.) with 3+ years laboratory experience – OR -
- Associate degree in a scientific discipline (i.e. Biology, Biochemistry, etc.) with 5+ years laboratory experience – OR -
- 7+ years laboratory experience
- Experience with relevant laboratory practices, techniques, equipment, materials and mathematical calculations
- Intermediate skills in applicable computer programs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills that have been demonstrated through presentations/seminars, oversight of projects, etc.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team-based environment
- Demonstrates a high level of initiative and leadership capabilities
- Highly, technically competent
- Experience with Electronic Laboratory Notebook (ELN)
- Experience with laboratory scheduling and dynamic schedules
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.