Show All Results
Global Hosting Automation Engineer
A career in our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
- Assist with the design of greenfield automated Infrastructure as Code environment for asset provisioning and CI/CD management.
- Installation/Administration of automation platforms utilized for Server provisioning and configuration.
- Ensure operational issues are monitored and addressed.
- Create, maintain and manage documentation relating to the technical configuration and user guides.
- Identify new solution strategies for automation where possible.
- Assist in automating work in the server security area (SolarWinds/WSUS patching and vulnerability management)
Who you are:
- Total of 8+ years of experience
- 3+ Years' prior experience supporting/implementing an Infrastructure as Code environment.
- Extensive scripting knowledge - Significant PowerShell and PowerShell DSC knowledge required.
- Hands on experience with the following products: Terraform, Packer, Chef, PowerShell
- Experience developing/designing configurations for Server deployments in Terraform/Packer.
- Experience developing/designing CI/CD Configurations using Chef and PowerShell/PowerShell DSC.
- Familiarity with supporting software such as: Jenkins, Git, Azure DevOps, etc
- Familiarly with Python/Ruby required.
- Knowledge of System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Solid industry experience of software (and ideally hardware) architecture, including, databases, clustering and load balancing, distributed file-systems, storage, virtualization, architecture and design patterns
- Agile experience working in distributed model across remotely located multi-disciplinary teams.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience at creating technical presentations/articles/papers
- The ability to communicate and build relationships with technical teams
What we offer: In our company, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!