Show All Results
Operator, Warehouse 1
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Supports the shipment of customer orders following current procedures and guidelines for selecting, receiving, checking and/or packing. Process inbound shipments by unpacking and restocking, following current procedures and guidelines.
- Pulls and/or packs items for shipment to customers in an accurate and neat manner.
- Verifies chemicals, catalog number, lot number, special requests information, unit size and weights against order documentation found in selecting, packing, or receiving instructions
- Packs the material, following established procedures and instructions while complying with hazard regulations
- Applies all required labels and markings to box to comply with hazardous materials regulations
- Stages finished boxes to be metered/shipped
- Stages completed orders to appropriate area of facility
- Uses proper equipment for appropriate order (size of order, weight etc)
- Receives products of various hazards
- Unpacks shipments for put away
- Picks up trash and debris in work station and stock areas
- Keeps work area and stock location safe, clean, and organized
- Keeps packing materials organized and stored safely
- Performs shelf maintenance in stock areas
- Audits shelves to ensure inventory and correct product location
- Using SAP, Inventories, orders, receives, and stores all needed materials
- Reports unsafe or potentially unsafe hazards to team leads or any member of management
- Miscellaneous duties and tasks as assigned
- Exemplary attendance and adherence to schedule
Who you are:
- High school diploma, GED, or HSED required.
- One year of work experience preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate in a professional manner with all levels of staff both orally and written.
- Ability to read, hear, speak and understand English language.
- Ability to work in a group setting.
- Ability to operate PCs, printers, RF scanner, pallet jack, selecting carts, packing equipment (tape machines, etc.), and various cutting instruments.
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail.
- Ability to work quickly and adjust to changing priorities in a fast-pace environment.
- Ability to work overtime as needed, often on minimal notice.
- Distribution/Warehouse Environment: Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. Is occasionally required to wear appropriate protective gear, (hard hats, glasses/goggles, chemical resistant suits, gloves, safety shoes) and other personal protection equipment “PPE” to protect themselves from toxic or corrosive chemicals in the forms of liquids, solids, vapors or airborne particles. The work area may occasionally be wet, humid, or abnormally hot or cold.
- If performing warehouse/distribution duties: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit, stand, walk, reach above the shoulder, stoop, kneel, twist, crouch or crawl for long periods of time and be able to stay on your feet for eight hours. . The employee must be able to talk, hear, taste and smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds unassisted.
- Employee may be required to move more than 60 pounds with assistance. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Regularly uses phones, computers, computer monitors and all office equipment. The employee is also required to type at a computer keyboard and have the ability to read CRTs/computer monitors.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.