Show All Results
Associate Production Manufacturing Scientist
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Associate Production Manufacturing Scientist position, located in St. Louis, MO, supports our Nucleotide, Coenzyme, Sugar, Bio-Organic, and Affinity Resin product lines. An Associate Production Scientist is responsible for ensuring successful manufacturing of products according to established protocols, providing technical support to others, and performing operations in support of the production group and department. In this role you will be interacting cross-functionally with Quality Control, Quality Assurance, Packaging, Materials Management, Engineering, and Maintenance.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or related Life Science
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- 5+ years of experience working in a laboratory in the Life Sciences field
- Advanced oral and written communication skills
- Intermediate knowledge in Chemistry (Organic and Analytical) and Biochemistry
- Familiarity with analytical instrumentation (HPLC, GC, Optical Rotation, Karl Fischer, TLC)
- Familiarity with isolation and purification methods (e.g. crystallization, lyophilization, chromatography, reverse osmosis, extraction)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office based programs for Manufacturing/Operating procedure writing, technical report generation, product tracking and trending data analysis.
- Ability to identify potential safety and quality risk within our manufacturing operations and drive improvements to completion
- Drive and initiative to grow into a strong leader within Manufacturing Operations
- Demonstration of conflict resolution and strong multi-tasking ability
- Self-starter and independent
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.