A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Manage and grow a territory with total sales annual revenue of $4.0M through occasional field travel and proactive phone and email communication. The Account Manager is responsible for achieving all sales, growth targets, and profit margin, forecast and revenue goals in an assigned territory through travel to assigned accounts, proactive (outbound) contact, digital tools, and overall account/territory management. Ability to travel up to 10%
- Act as a senior rep within the sales team exemplifying role model behavior including the consistent management and development of a robust pipeline of opportunities and maintaining knowledge of products and industry trends within the pharma/biotech sector.
- Prepares and executes territory plans and reports monthly on the progress towards meeting approved objectives, justifies variances and indicates corrective action taken.
- Travels as needed to gain and maintain first-hand knowledge and business relationships of account activities as it relates to business retention and acquisition.
- Proactively contacts accounts refining the message and value proposition to generate a pipeline of opportunities or short-term quotes that drive incremental growth.
- Uses tools such as Redox, web analytics, gap analysis, LinkedIn, industry related information to identify leads and relevant information to influence or prioritize customer discussions.
- The AM will be responsible for mapping account focus/type (e.g. Biotech, pharma etc.) key contacts, decision makers, etc. within targeted or top accounts.
- The AM will focus his/her efforts to win new opportunities that are of strategic long-term value while retaining existing business.
- Demonstrates effective sales skills to include relationship management of the account to determine the overall value/potential of top accounts and opportunities.
- Utilize all internal resources and systems to provide information, quotations and negotiate long term pricing for continued and incremental growth of the territory.
- Participate in both product and sales training to further influence discussions with customers, build skills and drive incremental growth.
- Enters all pipeline activity and updates into SFDC, dashboard reports and any other reports as requested by management.
Who you are:
- BA or BS in Biology, Chemistry or similar discipline
- 2+ years of science related experience or and 2+ years of prior sales experience.
- Essential and Critical Skills: Strong interpersonal skills and excellent communication, both written and verbal are essential.
- Understanding of customers, market needs, and competition in the industries supplied by MilliporeSigma
- Self-motivated, able to work independently, able to prioritize, strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to negotiate and work in team environment is important
- Presentation skills adequate to present to varied audiences and various levels of company capabilities
- Able to be productive in a multi-tasked environment
- Strong business ethics
- Basic computer competency is required (Microsoft Office, web-based tools, SAP)
- Travel to sales meetings, and customer locations for special events such as vendor shows, research days, etc. – ability to travel overnight by car, plane or other transportation.
- Ability to sit for extended times (approximately 8 hours) at a desk using a computer.
- Hearing and vision within normal limits.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.