A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Responsible for managing all export and customer service activities from conception to delivery of products both custom and catalog for global, non-North America Customers, distributors and Company subsidiaries to achieve Company revenue targets. This includes sales support and shipping activities for EMEA and APLA.
- Manage complex customer orders through complicated processes to ensure individual Customer custom requirements are met successfully.
- Supervise, arrange and monitor all export shipments to desired location.
- Manage and direct exportation with freight forwarders and other outside vendors and generate appropriate export and shipping documentation.
- Guide Company personnel in export preparation, specifically manufacturing and distribution areas.
- Responsible for all contract negotiations with freight forwarders and brokers.
- Make decisions about best shipping practices on behalf of the Customer where applicable.
- Collaborate with Customer, Sales and appropriate Company subsidiary to align Customer order and forecast.
- Manage non-complex export related projects specific to individual customer requirements.
- Serve as Company subject matter expert for export issues and questions for applicable geographies.
- Maintain current knowledge of applicable regulatory requirements for specific geographies.
- Stay abreast of current exporting technologies and make appropriate recommendations to Customers and Sales regarding incorporation of these technologies.
- Evaluate production site assignment based on customer needs and initiate planning at that site for custom manufacture.
- Assist in streamlining and improving processes as applicable.
- Advise other departments of proper exportation procedures and provide expertise and assistance as required.
- Monitor international freight expenses.
- Understand implications of hazardous, frozen and other specialized shipping conditions.
- Communicate and manage Customer orders in a professional manner to promote return business and maintain high level of Customer intimacy and understanding.
- Responsible for educating the Customer and the company on export requirements and procedures.
- Field Customer complaints and document accordingly with relevant information. Resolve when appropriate or delegate to the appropriate functional area for resolution.
- Assist in Export audits as they occur.
- Incorporate pertinent Customer activities in the customer relationship management system to facilitate communication.
- Provide limited Import expertise and support the Company as required.
- Cooperate effectively with co-workers and management.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
Who You Are:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- 3+ years of export experience
- 5+ years of experience in Customer Service and Customer Support
- BS/BA Degree in business or scientific discipline
- Proficiency in SAP, Windows, Word and Excel or equivalent
- Background or training in Incoterms 2010
- Exceptional problem identification and resolution skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of Company supply chain
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong relationship development skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally to achieve Customer satisfaction
- Strong interpersonal and Customer Service skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple and conflicting priorities
- Ability to work under deadlines
- Must be able to work independently and make decisions with little supervision
- Familiarity with current export regulations and procedures
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.