A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Role level 3 Manager
To provide high quality medical/scientific expertise and strategic insight into relevant therapeutic disease areas – Fertility, Endocrinology and General Medicine. Key strategic medical role responsible for creating and implementing TA medical plan and resultant medical activities. Contribution to cross-functional therapy area teams to help shape overall strategic direction for the franchise for the UK and Ireland affiliate and with the Regional/Global Medical Affairs teams. Will lead and manage the medical team in the implementation of the medical plan and customer facing medical activities. Act as a final medical signatory for both the ABPI and IPHA Codes of practice.
Key stakeholders will be KTLs, commercial, medical, market access, clinical operations and senior management teams.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Initiate, develop/maintain contacts with KOLs and external groups to enhance scientific exchange, understanding of the external environment, advocacy, clinical trial activities (company sponsored and ISTs) and response to questions
- Devise relevant educational meetings, symposia and advisory board meetings within specialist TA
- Support clinicians and pharmacists in compiling the clinical sections of regional funding applications upon request
- Attend International & national symposia to support HCPs, discuss newly presented data and update own knowledge and company understanding of current trends in therapy area.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define and implement product strategy and be the lead on the relevant medical strategic and tactical plan.
- Manage the planning and tracking of the medical budget and ensure timely reporting on the activities and KPI‘s
- Advise medical and marketing teams of the potential impact of company/competitor data and environmental changes to our business
- As appropriate, write/manage the clinical section of Health Technology Appraisals in conjunction with the Market Access Department and external providers
- Lead on the strategic alignment of the MSL activities with the overall medical plan, including induction/onboarding, training, supporting and mentoring the team.
- Ensure a high level of scientific knowledge is achieved and maintained within the medical team by ensuring a continuous flow of information, collaborating with colleagues, attending scientific meetings and congresses, and engaging with external thought leaders
- Act as final nominated medical signatory according to the ABPI/IPHA/ABHI Code of Practice for review/certification of materials and activities
- Develop relevant local publications according to medical plan
- Identify and report all adverse events promptly and appropriately
- Comply with all UK regulatory guidelines and company SOPs in relation to the Pharmaceutical and devices Codes of Practice, and all other authorities
- Lead development of the country Medical Affairs Plan, deliver medical strategic tactics and support the clinical development plan, and adapt throughout the year as appropriate
- Provide key medical insights and input to cross-functional therapy area teams, contributing to the overall strategic direction for the franchise locally and for Global Medical Affairs, with input incorporated into the Country Brand Plan (CPB) and ongoing activities and strategic direction throughout the year
Key Internal relationships
Medical dept, marketing and sales teams, clinical operations, regulatory, market access, patient safety and compliance, both local and global as required.
Medical Degree and GMC registration or UK registered Pharmacist.
Final Medical Signatory Level (ABPI & IPHA)
Previous experience working in Medical Affairs
In depth knowledge of relevant Codes of practice
In depth knowledge of Reproductive Medicine (gynaecology and/or embryology and/or andrology)
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com