Show All Results
Applications Engineer III
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
MilliporeSigma is looking for an Applications Engineer to join the Single-Use & System R&D organization and to lead the applications development activities on project teams from product/solution concept through commercialization. By understanding the end users’ processes & perspectives, the Applications Engineer will influence product design by helping to define performance targets, and by working on cross-functional teams to develop innovative solutions to meet those requirements. This position will be based at our Bedford, MA campus.
- Work on a cross-functional team to design state-of-the-art components, products, and/or solutions for single-use equipment used in the bioprocessing industry (mixing, filtration, purification, cell culture, sampling, etc.
- Plan, set up, and execute laboratory experiments using bioreactors, clarification, TFF or purification equipment, or test fixtures to simulate or directly evaluate the performance of new technologies, or new product or component prototypes
- Research literature and attend conferences to keep current with the bioprocessing end user’s process design targets, performance expectations, and general bioprocessing needs
- Deliver internal and external presentations evaluating product designs and/or summarizing experimental results.
Who you are:
- You possess a bachelor’s degree in Chemical/Biochemical Engineering (or related discipline)
- You have 3+ years of biotechnology industry experience
- Perfusion experience desired
- Excellent problem solving & analytical skills
- Excellent teamwork, and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with peers, customers, vendors and supervisors
- Excellent ability to communicate through written reports, oral presentations, application notes, poster presentations, and similar media
- Domestic and international travel may be required
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.