Show All Results
Government and Public Affairs Manager
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
The Government and Public Affairs (GPA) Manager for Biopharma is a key, hands-on role supporting the business in interpreting and influencing the policy environment in which it operates.
Reporting to the Head of Government and Public Affairs, this role will contribute to the development of the function’s strategy and lead on the tactical delivery of GPA plans designed to raise our profile, encourage an optimal environment for the adoption of innovation and unlocking patients’ access to medicines.
- Identify and interpret challenges and opportunities for our brands at a franchise and above-franchise level within government and NHS policy.
- Map, prioritise and undertake engagement with political, NHS, patient group, industry and other third-party stakeholders.
- Lead on the implementation of policy and patient advocacy initiatives to support our neurology and oncology franchises.
- Support policy development and messaging work, including the production of responses to relevant policy consultations.
- Interface with the European GPA team in Brussels, participating in regional meetings and ensuring appropriate alignment with regional GPA activities.
- Manage external agencies and oversee the delivery of the commissioned services to the required standard, on time and on budget.
- Deputise for the Head of Government and Public Affairs as required
Who you are:
- Strong experience in healthcare policy and public affairs, ideally with experience in the pharmaceutical industry (agency or in-house)
- In-depth understanding of healthcare policy and regulatory environment, particularly NHS and HTA policy
- Proven ability to develop trust-based relationships with parliamentarians, government officials, senior NHS managers, patient groups, think tanks and other third parties
- Experience of industry association engagement
- Strong networker able to manage a large number of external and internal relationships
- Proven ability to understand and clearly communicate complex and technical topics simply and succinctly
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Excellent negotiation and influencing
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com