A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Role Level Expert 3
The Senior Controller is responsible for analysis of the P&L and Balance Sheet within the Process Solutions Services Business Unit of Process Solutions. As an integral part of the Controlling Finance team, this position will collaborate with the Head of PSS Controlling in providing financial support to the PSS UK and Singapore businesses. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with a strong technical accounting background, problem solving skills, attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with ambiguous situations. This role has regular interaction with various business functions and levels of management within the company and requires strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Partner for UK Operations and Singapore Operations businesses to provide detailed insight into spending.
- Provides all necessary financial detail and analysis.
Reporting and Closing:
- Responsible for Capital Reporting.
- Creates management reporting including commentary comparing actuals versus forecast and prior year. Responsible to highlight areas of concerns to business partners and Controller.
- Creates spending reports to assist management in controlling cost.
- Participates in month end close, preparing journal entries, accruals.
- Tracks and maintains headcount, understanding open positions and providing the financial impact of hiring lags or investments.
- Tracks and maintains cost center reporting –communicating risks.
Forecasting and Planning:
- Responsible for forecast, planning, and variance analysis, and considers organizational inputs.
- Demonstrates functional excellence in positional responsibilities.
- Documents financial processes and uses tools and methodologies to improve processes, eliminate waste and create value for the business and the finance function.
- Maintains the appropriate environment of internal financial controls in all aspects of the business unit to ensure that financial statements are free from material error.
- Ensures the consistent implementation of the Merck’s accounting policies, with particular attention to areas requiring judgment and estimation.
- Works and manages effectively across the company’s matrix organization. Promotes effective lateral communication and coordination across groups.
Knowledge, Skills, Education & Competencies
- Advanced analytical skills, particularly with forecasting and reporting. Seeks to understand issues at a deeper or broader level.
- Experience with enterprise general ledger systems performing journal entries and reconciling accounts.
- Develops productive cross-functional working relationships.
- Change Agent - recommends and implements continuous improvement initiatives.
- Business Insight – Understands the contribution to the overall finance function, business or business process has advanced skills, particularly with forecasting and reporting.
- Takes responsibility and initiative
- Exceptional Excel and Power Point Skills.
- Degree in accounting/finance with relevant accounting, budgeting, GL, and financial planning experience
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applications are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
To all recruitment agencies/suppliers: we are lucky enough to receive fantastic applications and have an in house recruitment team. Therefore unless you are formally requested by a member of the in house recruitment team to support us and then given access to our portal you are not engaged to work with us. Please do not contact hiring managers directly or send speculative profiles or CVs - we will not accept these as an introduction and you will not be paid any fee or considered for our preferred supplier list.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com