Work Location: One Technology Place Rockland, Massachusetts
Shift: no shift
Department: BA-OC GSI Global Strategic Insights
This information is for internals only. Please do not share outside of the organization.
The overarching goal objective for this position is to ensure that competitive intelligence and analytics inform decision making by creating transparency on information, and through collaboration with global and regional colleagues to ensure an aligned view is developed and communicated to the organization. This position will be responsible for a diverse set of activities across competitive intelligence and analytics. This role leads the development, analysis, and dissemination of competitive intelligence in the MS therapy area through leadership of cross-functional initiatives and close partnership with other GSI colleagues to ensure CI findings are integrated into other key deliverables and recommendations. Additionally, they will partner with other internal organizations to leverage existing information, to ensure competitor information, analyses and recommendations are broadly communicated, understood and acted upon. They will provide an objective commercial viewpoint for stakeholders based on an in-depth understanding and analysis of commercial, clinical, and scientific competitive information. This role is also responsible for supporting ad-hoc analytics requests including secondary data analysis (related and unrelated to CI), and analysis and reporting in support of identification and tracking of KPIs for assets of interest, as well as potentially execution of some primary market research. The ideal candidate will have experience with competitive intelligence methods & practices, clinical trial databases, global secondary data, third party analytics databases such as IMS, and integration of primary and secondary market research with other data sources. Specific responsibilities include:
- Prepare in-depth analysis of key competitors’ strategies, offering insights to support key business decisions
- Support competitive landscape development for key products and disease states of interest
- Facilitate the monitoring of assigned competitor activities by external vendors and update key stakeholders on implications to build and sustain strategic and tactical competitive advantage
- Provide robust competitive assessments and insights that inform key decision-making processes such as strategic brand planning, long- and short-range forecasting, and lifecycle management
- Attend major medical conferences, leading the analysis and reporting of onsite competitive activities, pursuing answers to established key intelligence topics and questions
- Manage the CI agencies to optimize intelligence inputs to our business, while following Corporate Intelligence Ethics Policy Guidelines
- Leverage CI insights into assigned brand plans, strategic plans, and other key business documents
- Design, commission and manage some market research or other third-party analysis (develop requests for proposals, obtain competitive bids, awards contracts to market research agencies; manages the activities of the market research agencies and reviews their performance against proposals and budgets.)
- Analyze and monitor the performance of key brands/competition through management and analysis of key performance indicators (KPIs) and communicate results and recommendations to the brand teams. Provide expertise as data consultant on secondary data resources and identify appropriate uses of each resource, such as conducting product sales tracking, market trend analysis and performance reports.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree level education preferably in science or equivalent experience. 6-8 years of relevant competitive intelligence and commercial analytics experience.
- Experience analyzing and synthesizing qualitative and quantitative information, identifying implications and observing patterns, making correct inferences, drawing conclusions, explaining facts, data, or information to evaluate competitors' products/services, strategic direction, and core competencies utilizing a wide variety of secondary and primary resources to produce intelligence deliverables.
- In job experience in a CI role with responsibilities that included external competitive monitoring and congress coverage
- Broad experience in the key functional areas of CI, analytics and market research including the ability to understand and identify key business levers
- Strong strategic skills including ability to see the big picture, conceptual/out of the box thinking, proven senior management presence and exceptional communication skills are a must.
- Working knowledge of classic industry secondary data/information sources.
- Experience with higher level analytics such as models and forecasting
- Understanding of marketing/commercial and key financial levers within the pharmaceutical environment a must.
- Expert level PowerPoint and Excel skills required to effectively showcase how market research results tell a story and inform decisions and to understand forecasting models and manipulate performance reporting tools
- Demonstrated ability to effectively influence senior members within and/or across functional teams through superior analysis and reasoned solutions.
- Demonstrated competencies required in the following areas: collaboration, organization, written and verbal communication, accuracy, and personal initiative.
- Other requirements include concise and impactful written and verbal communications; first-hand experience working on and influencing multi-functional teams; and the ability to provide leadership across multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to balance conflicting priorities.
- Post-graduate degree strongly preferred (MA, MS, MBA, PhD).
- Global experience strongly preferred
This position may require up to 20% travel.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.