A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
A technical sales position within our new digital business venture, Connected Lab, which serves research and testing laboratories within the academic and industry market segments. As part of the Connected Lab team, you will have the opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial and start-up-like environment. You will be responsible for overall account management, working closely with Global Strategic Accounts, where you will leverage your own scientific experience to enable discussions on a wide range of scientific topics. You will become fully versed in and support new product and feature introductions to internal and external customers with the main goal of driving sales and adoption of innovative software solutions.
You can work collaboratively with internal partners to ultimately grow our customer base and create scalable volume business. This includes understanding customers and their needs to be able to identify the relevant product(s) to address their requirements. Your ability to influence the decision makers will be paramount to the customer selecting our product.
The ideal candidate has an upbeat, tenacious, and competitive style with intellectual curiosity and passion for digital transformation, data analytics, science, client relationships, and learning how to influence through consultation. You will need to interact with our internal customer-facing sales organization, scientists, lab managers, principle investigators, board level executives and the entire C-suite and influencing stakeholders such as procurement. Additional responsibilities include:
- Assist with account mapping by having a comprehensive understanding of the customer's research, business initiatives, R&D organizational structure, and new technology evaluation/implementation processes.
- Set-up, coordinate and deliver tailored, customer-facing scientific presentations differentiating Connected Lab offerings.
- Provide support in disseminating technical information on specific applications to account managers and customers.
- Provide knowledge of competition and the current marketplace.
- Meet monthly recurring/annual revenue and penetration goals.
- Develop comprehensive understanding of the products and its functionality and be able to demo it in front of customers.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Chemistry, or similar Life Science discipline.
- 3+ years of technical sales experience or client relationship experience in a life science, biotechnology or pharmaceutical environment.
- 1+ year experience working in a laboratory environment or selling to researchers in a lab setting.
- Experience with SFDC or other CRM software.
- Ability to convert leads to new business opportunities to maximize deal flow, and ability to shorten sales cycle.
- Manage your sales forecasting, prospecting activities and pipeline management.
- Flexible and willing to travel up to 40%.
- Experience selling software services.
- Exhibit a strong business acumen for uncovering, evaluating, growing and closing sales opportunities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including stakeholder management and negotiation.
- Collaborate across teams to leverage all angles to generate and convert leads.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.