Work Location: Sheboygan Falls(SIAL) Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin
Shift: Night Job
Department: LS-OIY-M Maintenance
This information is for internals only. Please do not share outside of the organization.
Supervise 6+ employees on 3rd shift. Plan work and account for all activities of a maintenance crew. Monitor and direct the activities of site maintenance technician crew to ensure productivity, accuracy, service, and safety related to work performed. This involves training, mentoring, and motivating employees, collaborating with business partners and assigning tasks based on individual skill sets to maintain timely, accurate flow of work through the Maintenance Department to support site operations. Supervising also includes analysis of work performed to establish benchmarks of performance, monitor trends, identify areas of concern and opportunities for improving systems and procedures.
- Report on progress against established maintenance work metrics
- Account for all work and activities, issue financial & regulatory reports
- Manage the work order backlog
- Establish maintenance tools and shop equipment
- Counsel and develop personnel, which includes training and education
- Develop leadership and management skills through training and education
- Lead maintenance technicians in Process Improvement activities
- Communicate and accomplish work by establishing priorities and demonstrating leadership
- Conduct communication meetings with technicians on a weekly basis
- Establish/Manage Process/ Facility systems metrics to track operation
- Handle performance evaluations and provide guidance to employee
- Handle discipline and use positive reinforcement with proper documentation
- Establish personal development plans for each employee
- Stay current on technological changes
- Attend technical seminars, trade shows, etc.
- Stay current on environmental and safety issues
- Attend safety meetings and seminars and assure employees do also
- Complete environmental training sessions and assure employees do also
- Conduct toolbox safety meetings
- Maintain exemplary housekeeping in areas of responsibility
- Uses behavioral leadership skills
- Inspects direct reports work for proper completion
- Reviews direct reports for safe work habits, trains, coaches as needed.
- Miscellaneous duties and tasks as assigned
- Is frequently required to wear appropriate protective gear, (hard hats, glasses/goggles, chemical resistant suits, gloves, safety shoes) and other personal protection equipment “PPE” to protect themselves from toxic or corrosive chemicals in the forms of liquids, solids, vapors or airborne particles.
- Employee must view computer monitors for long periods of time.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, reach above the shoulder, stoop, kneel, twist, crouch or crawl for long periods of time.
- The employee must be able to speak, hear and smell.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted and ability to push and pull heavy materials to complete assignment.
3rd Shift: Sunday - Thursday, 11:00 pm - 7:30 am
- High School Diploma, GED and/or HSED required
- 5+ years in a maintenance role.
- 2+ years in a leadership role.
- Valid driver’s license
- CMMS Systems
- Bachelors Degree in applicable field
- CMMS Systems
- Strong leadership skills: Motivate employees and coordinate employee activities, as well as deal with any disciplinary issues that may arise
- Strong communication skills: Engage their employees and work with management to make sure the job gets done; able to clearly explain what needs to be done will be necessary
- Communicate well with all levels of the organization and across functional groups
- Excellent problem-solving & Analytical skills: Able to analyze different information and make decisions based on needs, priorities, changing business conditions and budgetary constraints
- Demonstrated experience leading, training, and motivating people
- Experience leading LEAN improvement projects, including 6S
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.