A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Global R&D Project Manager will manage one or more early stage global drug development project teams as defined by the governance framework, executing the program strategy for the specific project.
- Provide the global cross-functional project team with project management and drug development expertise and coach and mentor project team members in fulfilling their tasks efficiently.
- Schedule project team meetings and develop meeting agendas. Lead project team meetings for routine operations, take minutes and ensure follow-up of action items from the minutes. Prepare presentations as needed.
- Lead the global project team through the preparation and update of key project documents (TPP, iDP, etc.)
- Organize efficient information flow within the project team, which can be spread across different R&D hubs/countries.
- Collaborate with the Program Lead in defining the program strategy, stakeholder management and overall program leadership topics.
- In collaboration with the Project Planner establish and maintain a project plan that depicts the activities in line with the approved global development strategy as documented in the integrated Development Plan (iDP).
- Present this plan and the project status, including proactive communication of budgetary and timeline variances to the relevant governance bodies for approval whenever required by the committee or relevant governances.
- Ensure proper identification and management of project risks and mitigation plans reporting them to the respective governance bodies
- Evaluate alternative development scenarios (comprising costs, timelines, risks, and project valuation) before approval of the project strategy by the respective governance body (DOC).
- In alignment with the program lead manage the internal (top management) and external (investors, scientific community) project reporting and communication
- Ensure seamless transition of project(s) to the LCM phase at completion of development phase
- Ensure the compliance of the project team with applicable legal and regulatory requirements on a global level
- Manage individual global cross-functional project budget
Who you are:
You are committed to bringing new therapies to patients in need. You bring scientific knowledge paired with strategic understanding and attention to detail. You are an agile learner and an excellent communicator. You are passionate about forming and collaborating with high performance teams. You have project management and pharmaceutical R&D experience. Your excellent people skills are the basis for strong leadership potential.
- Bachelor’s degree with 8+ years of experience, master’s degree with 3+ years of experience, or PhD degree in biology, chemistry, pharmaceuticals, or related field
- Advance degree in a scientific discipline and/or in an economic discipline with significant previous experience in the life sciences
- Professional Project Management certification or qualification (e.g. PMI, IPMA) highly desirable
- 5 plus years’ experience in R&D and/or drug development in a global pharmaceutical industry with 2 plus years of direct experience in a project management related discipline
- Previous working experience in cross-functional and international teams, ideally in global drug development teams.
- Cross-functional knowledge of the drug development process and drug development regulations.
- Knowledge of and /or experience in project management, spreadsheet and database management software
- Good understanding of finance and accounting principles in an industrial setting
- Experience in financial valuations of projects, risk management, decision making, and scenario thinking
Position requires both domestic and international travel up to 20% of time
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.