A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Manufacture or evaluate products according to established protocols, provide technical support to others, and perform operations in support of the group and department.
- Safely perform operations to meet quality expectations.
- Ensure quality throughout the process.
- Assure you are adequately trained to perform tasks/assignments.
- Perform multi-disciplined, established processes, assays and/or unit operations, primarily those requiring a higher level of skill and knowledge.
- Clean up equipment and working areas during and after operations.
- Complete the volume of work required to achieve group/departmental goals and meet deadlines.
- Contribute to support functions of the lab (e.g., maintain equipment, prepare reagents, restock lab supplies, waste disposal).
- Communicate the status of operations and bring deviations to the attention of a supervisor.
- Provide complete and accurate records consistent with quality guidelines.
- Ensure all applicable log books have been filled out completely as required by current procedures.
- Interact with other departments as needed.
- Participate as needed in quality audits.
- Accurately perform procedures independently.
- Identify problems and limitations of analysis.
- Perform routine troubleshooting.
- Review of final assays and procedures.
- Interface with external customers.
- In compliance with change control procedures, improve processes through application of scientific knowledge, experience, and principles.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Participate in process improvements under the guidance of a Supervisor or Scientist.
- Take the necessary action to resolve any unsafe conditions.
- Develop improvement ideas, review impact of changes and document all work.
- Train personnel and act as a technical consultant as needed. Perform and interpret analytical evaluations of products and intermediates.
- Supply information based on experience and knowledge.
- This position is on 2nd shift, with regular work hours of 3:30PM to 12:00AM.
- May be required to wear appropriate protective gear, such as respirators and chemical protective clothing, for long periods of time while performing daily tasks.
- May require occasional lifting and pushing of up to 50 pounds.
Who You Are:
- Associate’s degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or related Life Science.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or related Life Science.
- 1+ years of independent lab research or industrial experience.
- Laboratory and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of ISO Quality standards.
- Familiar with laboratory instruments and production equipment.
- Process techniques and unit operations.
- Analytical techniques and equipment.
- Safe chemical handling methods.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Computer, mechanical, and troubleshooting skills.
- Interpersonal and organizational skills.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.