A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Commercial Marketing Manager for Advanced Analytical is responsible for driving short and long-term business plan execution for the Industrial and Testing customer segments in North America. Reporting to the NA Director for AAIT (Advanced Analytical Industrial & Lab Testing) Field Marketing, the Commercial Marketing Manager for Advanced Analytical will partner with the AA Scientific Liaison team, I&T NA Commercial Marketing team, and the AA Sales Specialists team to translate marketing strategies into actionable sales campaigns designed to ensure the Commercial organization is effectively enabled to deliver on revenue growth goals.
- Assesses assigned markets, analyzes trends and prioritizes revenue growth opportunity
- Develops short and long-term business plans for the Advanced Analytical customer segments in North America
- Translates AA product focus with segment strategy and commercial strategy into regional or Commercial area marketing tactics
- Builds a suite of programs to communicate value propositions, develop markets and stimulate demand
- Disseminates segment and commercial strategy to regional or Commercial area sales teams
- Ensures regional or commercial area sales teams can effectively articulate value propositions
- Monitors the effectiveness of business plans and collaborates with internal stakeholders to optimize
- Maintains business plan KPIs, monitors performance, and reports internally
- Monitors industrial and testing customer growth trends and deploys tactics to capture emerging opportunity
- Documents why customers buy and how they use Advanced Analytical products at MilliporeSigma customer segments
- Maintains a deep understanding of the Applications and Areas of Science where Advanced Analytical products are used in the MilliporeSigma customer segments
- Identifies new Applications and Areas of Science where Advanced Analytical products are used in the MilliporeSigma customer segments
- Identifies KOLs and deploys teams to develop and manage relationships
- Partners with the commercial team to stimulate demand – events and account base opportunities
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of the competitive landscape
- Enables the regional or commercial area sales team with tools to effectively deliver the value proposition
- Generate leads through tradeshows and direct marketing activities for Industrial and Testing customer market segments, providing a robust pipeline for sales
- Support the sales team with our go-to-market strategy
- This position is field based-remote and requires the employee to travel approximately 30% domestically. Some international travel may be required
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in science or engineering or similar discipline
- 3+ years marketing and/or selling experience in a technical environment
- Master’s in Business Administration or equivalent experience preferred.
- Experience in commercial or project management is a plus
- Strong leadership and project management skills with acute attention to details
- Strong analytical skills in using data to make sound recommendations and business decisions
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with a high degree of independence
- Ability to solve complex problems and overcome obstacles
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to function in a complex business environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentation experience to large and diverse audiences
- Good foundation of marketing know-how, consumer insight and an understanding of how to manage all elements of the marketing mix
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.