A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Who we are:
EMD Serono is the North American biopharma brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany - a leading science and technology company - focused exclusively on specialty care. For more than 40 years, the brand has integrated cutting-edge science, innovative products and industry-leading patient support and access programs. EMD Serono has deep expertise in neurology, fertility and endocrinology, as well as a robust pipeline of potential therapies in oncology, immuno-oncology and immunology as R&D focus areas.
This position is primarily responsible for leading analytics, forecasting, and reporting across all Market Access channels for the Neurology Brands. This position will partner with external consultants and an internal network of Corporate Account Directors, Therapeutic Area and MA&CS Marketing, and Finance in arriving at best in class business case modeling for both new and amended business. This position will make recommendations based on knowledge of the drug class, channels, payer behavior, and GtN analytics. The role will prepare and deliver key financial and business analyses and reports pertaining to all segments of government and commercial managed care contracts. This position is responsible for tracking and providing key performance indicators, monitoring contract performance along with the Corporate Account team, leading to the achievement of customer objectives (e.g., access measures, market share measures, GtN). The role is responsible for the timely and accurate input of key business metrics and forecasts into MPower contract performance dashboards. The role is an important link to the Finance department in terms of preparing and providing timely reserve analyses. The role is frequently called upon to provide technical insight into Market Access data capture and reporting for Business Excellence.
- Develop and maintain Revenue & Rebate Forecast files for all parent enterprise and direct contracted commercial contracts. Forecasts files will include forecasted units, market share, revenue, contractual rebate metrics, chargebacks, specialty pharmacy, and other discounts on a contract by contract basis. Coordinate with the Corporate Account Directors, Rebate Operations, and Contract Operations to ensure forecasts are accurate and complete.
- Partner with external vendor and internal network of Marketing (MA&CS, TA and Global), BE, HEOR, and Finance in arriving at best in class GtN business case modeling tool. Lead the Corporate Account Director and Marketing training efforts, ensuring full and complete understanding of tool mechanics, inputs, and outputs. Act as single point of contact for all business case modeling needs, taking inputs from Corporate Account Directors and Marketing, then translating inputs into business case modeling tool for impact analytics. Present business case modeling results at Contract Assessment Committee meetings, garnering approval of agreed upon rates.
- Develop and maintain Medicaid Rebate Forecast files for Neurology Brands. Forecast files will include state and NDC level units, revenue, rebate and supplemental discounts. Coordinate with the Government Contracting Manager and Government Pricing to ensure forecasts are accurate and complete. To ensure forecast accuracy and completeness, this position will require deep account specific knowledge of all government Medicaid accounts as well as all supplemental state Medicaid contracts, VA/DoD, PHS and Tricare.
- Significant emphasis on verifying data to ensure accurate contracting and reporting. The reporting generated is utilized in critical business discussions, such as ARC Meetings (attended by senior leadership team in MA&CS, TAs, Finance, BE, and Legal), Contracting Strategy analytics, Sandbox analytics, and other ad hoc analyses.
- Participate in monthly review of Medicaid and Commercial Revenue & Rebate Forecasts with Director of Market Access Insights, Pricing, and Analytics, SVP Market Access & Customer Solutions, TA Leadership, and TA Controller. This position will be a support resource for inquiries regarding account specific issues and trends.
- Generate updates to the MA&CS Quarterly Executive Summary and MA&CS KPI reporting on a quarterly basis. These reports are shared at the VP, SVP, CFO, and President level.
- Collaborate with Rebate Operations to ensure timely and accurate upload of invoice data into the MA&CS central data repository. Validation of data accuracy is required to confirm completeness of data submission and quality of data captured.
- Utilize data sources available to develop automated business analytics and insights, both standard and ad hoc.
- Identify system and process deficiencies and implement improvements to work flow process.
- Subject matter expert on MPower (Tableau) and other internal dashboard generating tools. Collaboration with Business Technologies and Business Excellence in order to maximize MA&CS visibility throughout the organization.
Who You Are:
- 4-year college degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 8 years experience in Business/Financial Analysis or quantitative analysis. Pharmaceutical industry experience or commercial managed care contracts and operations a plus.
- Must have demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills; must have high accuracy and organizational skills to work with-in date sensitive deadlines in a fast paced, high volume environment.
- Strong business analytical skills.
- Solid financial analysis skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong Skills- Microsoft Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word. Forecast Pro (statistical forecasting applications)
- Strong understanding of market, competitors, contract structures, regulatory environment, health care reform matters as they impact Market Access agreements and strategy
- MBA a plus.
- Pharmaceutical industry experience or commercial managed care contracts and operations a plus.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.