A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Our Process Solution Business Unit is searching for its End-To-End promise venture a Senior Project Manager who motivates and inspires others; leads change, has strong business acumen, customer focus, and drives for results to efficiently and effectively bring great customer experience and new opportunities to the organization. As a Senior Project Manager at MilliporeSigma, you will be working as part of a team in the Global Project Management Organization for End-to-End BioReliance Solutions, supporting its CDMO activity. The position will be based in Burlington MA.
You will be managing large customer facing projects which include the development and manufacture of biomolecules. As the main customer interface during the execution of the projects, you will partner with the internal business & technical leaders, and will lead multi-functional and multi-cultural teams to the successful completion of the projects. You will report directly to the Head of Global Project Management for End-To-End.
- Manage multiple projects concurrently through utilization of project management best practices to ensure customer, time, quality, and cost requirements are met.
- Work independently with considerable latitude to establish priorities, activities, and specific direction given to the project team toward meeting project completion dates.
- Provide clear communication of the overall scope, timing, funding requirements, and resource analysis. Clearly communicates overall deliverables to all team members and provides clear, frequent and effective communication to key stakeholders in a matrix environment.
- Develop and manage an overall plan that integrates key activities of all functions associated with the approved projects.
- Define and assign roles, responsibilities, and accountabilities to support assigned projects. Initiate and maintain overall project documentation.
- Work within MilliporeSigma processes and champion these processes within the organization.
- Through collaboration with project team identify project risks, including probability and impact, and develop mitigation and contingency plans to minimize risk impact throughout the project lifecycle.
- Manage project scope, project specifications, and change control process.
- Actively participates and supports the development / build of the global End-To-End Project Management Organization.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 10+ years’ experience in life sciences, chemistry, engineering, business or related field.
- Appropriate background and experience for understanding the project content within a pharmaceutical, biotechnology or contract manufacturing /contract services organization. Familiar with biotech manufacturing process.
- Demonstrated successful large commercial project execution with customer interaction in a global and complex environment.
- Work well in a team environment, exhibit strong team leadership, provide motivation, inspiration, and vision to the teams and can facilitate high performing teams and decision making based on what’s best for the business.
- Knowledge of project management principles including proficient use of project management tools and software such as MS Project, Server, SharePoint, and other collaborative systems.
- Possesses clear understanding of the business objectives, recognizes trade-offs and keeps decisions in balance with good judgment.
- Ability to successfully communicate/interact at all levels in the organization.
- Ability to prepare and conduct regular management reviews and provide updates at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to identify critical issues from varying points of view and make timely quality decisions.
- Some domestic and international travel required.
- Project Management education/training. PMP Certification is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to manage and communicate across boundaries, build cross-functional collaboration, and influence without direct authority.
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to drive for and deliver results.
- Strong leader, able to motivate people to meet their commitments.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.