A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Preferred location: Shanghai or Beijing
The candidate will be a key regulatory expert for the portfolio of Life Science, consisting of single use, filter, consumable and process materials for the biopharmaceutical industry. The candidate should have an understanding of regulatory & quality for sterile drugs/biopharmaceuticals, including new drug registration, GMP and relevant regulations. In addition, the candidate must be well-versed in regulatory trends relevant to Life Science products.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Take active role to build regulatory intelligence for Life Science. Focused area includes aseptic processing, sterile filtration, virus clearance validation, single use, process materials, chromatography, culture media.
- Drive thought leadership initiatives and build up relationship and advocacy with local authorities and industry associations in terms of business interests.
- Safeguard LS strategic interests and objectives in arising guidance, standards and regulation.
- Monitor and report on changes of relevant regulatory and compliance environment with impact with Life Science business. Analyze available regulatory and compliance information.
- Increases the influence of important regulatory bodies and industry associations.
- Secure flow of information from/to authorities, industry associations.
- Builds and keeps personal relationships to local and national authorities.
- Coordinates processes with internal functions for the commenting/drafting of regulatory/industry guidelines, regulations and standards.
- Training for and support of internal stakeholders, external customers and relevant regulatory bodies.
- Builds processes for the flow of information and regulatory intelligence within APAC, with China focus.
- Definition of processes to implement upcoming regulatory needs and requirements.
- Support regulatory & quality expertise and consultation for customer regulatory inquiries. Develop the strategy and provide guidance to customers on inspection/audit readiness and drug registration, include process validation, change control, etc.
- Closely work with global regulatory surveillance & advocacy team and Life Science regulatory subject matter experts to link the local advocacy activities with global advocacy activities.
- Monitor competitor approach regarding regulatory requirements.
Who you are:
Education and Languages:
- Master/Ph.D. Life sciences or related science/engineering background with a strong emphasis in biologics/biopharmaceuticals.
- Fluent in Chinese & English (verbal and written) is required.
Professional Skills and Experiences:
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant industry experience in quality & regulatory, CMC, process development and process validation related to biopharmaceutical products.
- Proven knowledge of cGMP, FDA, EMA, ISO 9001 standards, regulatory and compliance requirements, aseptic processing and validation procedures.
- Knowledge/experience for regulations concerning complex biologics (i.e., monoclonal antibodies and recombinant proteins) expressed in mammalian cell culture.
- Ideally with knowledge of regulations for Advanced Therapeutic Medicinal Products (cell and gene therapy).
- Experience working in a global, matrix environment.
Personal Skills and Competencies:
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Good project management skills.
- Ability to train and educate others.
- Effective management by influence.
- Ability to work in multi-cultural teams.
- Good listening skills with the ability to analyze and respond to given situations quickly and effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, listening and communication skills that will develop long term internal and external relationships at all levels.
- Ability to indirectly influence other organizations and cultures.
- Proficient in MS Office Software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
- Able and willing to travel.
Functional Area: Regulatory & Medical Affairs
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com