A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
At EMD Serono the Scientist – Translational Biology, TIP ImmunoOncology will be responsible for supporting ongoing preclinical research activities, primarily translational, in immuno-oncology (IO) drug development. The incumbent will be responsible for identification of predictive biomarkers for enriching patients most likely to respond to our agents in the clinic, and pharmacodynamic biomarkers to monitor target engagement.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Key contributor to translational efforts and delivery of scientific discoveries impacting decision-making at team meetings
- Identification/validation of biological contexts to aid indication/context prioritization for clinical development. This entails both performing and guiding internal efforts, as well as external efforts with CROs or collaborators.
- Identification and clinical translation of biomarker assays that assess drug pharmacodynamics, and allow testing of preclinical response hypotheses
- Drive early drug discovery projects by developing in vitro assays and technologies to evaluate efficacy, PK/PD relationship, and novel biomarkers that characterize drug candidates for potential therapeutic effects
- Identify, develop, and optimize (new) methods to generate reliable and reproducible data in a timely manner
- Independently execute designed experiment plans and interpret study observations; be comfortable working independently as well as collaborate effectively on complex projects.
- Document all study results in the form of lab notebook reports and, as needed, contribute to the authorship of regulatory submission documents
- Communicate findings at project teams
- Bring new assay/platform capabilities in house to support bioanalytical and biomarker analysis and provide technical expertise across platforms (e.g. ELISA, qPCR, ISH, IHC, NGS, imaging, flow cytometry).
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Molecular or Cellular Biological sciences or other related Science discipline with emphasis on Immunology and/or Cancer Biology with 3 plus years of experience or Master’s degree in Molecular or Cellular Biological sciences or other related Science discipline with emphasis on Immunology and/or Cancer Biology minimum requirement
- Ph.D. in Molecular or Cellular Biological sciences with emphasis on Immunology and/or Cancer Biology, and 3 plus years of work experience strongly preferred
- Experience in the areas of translational oncology and/or ImmunoOncology preferred.
- Excellent assay troubleshooting skills and the ability to identify and evaluate cutting edge assay technologies
- Understanding of immunological readouts and their translation into early clinical trials is a major plus
- Broad knowledge and laboratory research experience in translational oncology and/or Immuno-Oncology as demonstrated by peer-reviewed publications
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, and ability to work independently as well as ability to work in a diverse team setting and collaborate effectively on complex projects
- Strong oral and written communication skills, writing reports and giving updates at team meetings is required. The ability and desire to work in a challenging dynamic environment under tight deadlines is required
- Proficiency in data collection/documentation all study results in the form of lab notebook reports and, as needed, contribute to the authorship of regulatory submission documents
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.