A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your role: As Product Manager for Analytical & Logistical Supply Services, you will work within a newly created and highly visible team focused on creating value with security of supply services for our global biopharmaceutical manufacturing customers. You will lead the identification, prioritization, and development of Analytical and Logistical Supply Services for the BioProcessing Product Area portfolios. You will be focused on providing customers with real-time analytical and logistical services in support of customer brand recognition, sales adoption, satisfaction and profitable growth.
This position is within the BioProcessing Product Area team within Marketing Excellence & Operations which operates as the hub for product life cycle management, innovation, and marketing.
In this highly visible and collaborative role you will need to:
- Lead market research efforts to gather voice-of-customer and understand customers’ specific needs in e-Data exchange, predictive analytics and logistical services
- Participate in and contribute subject matter expertise to Industry Consortia – BPOG, USP/PDA Good Supply Practices (GSP), ISPE – to gain and maintain up-to-date knowledge on voice-of-customer e-Data, predictive analytics and logistical needs, as well as industry trends
- Actively monitor market dynamics and competitive analysis
- Respond and develop Analytical & Logistical Supply Services product offerings & positioning
- Determine the pricing strategy for Analytical and Logistical Supply Services, complying with target margins by utilizing a value-based pricing methodology, which includes supply chain level of effort/costs, customer-value, competitive analysis, and market analysis
- Create Statements of Work, accordingly
- Ensure Supply Services are set-up in designated ERP / SFDC / e-Commerce systems for quoting, pricing, selling and ongoing support
- Develop content for marketing collateral, i.e. web, brochures and flyers, to be leveraged by various partners and consumed by customers to drive specific BioProcessing Product Area portfolio growth and profitability
- Deliver Analytical and Logistical Supply Services training to account management, technology management, product management, and more, as appropriate
- Establish, own, manage and maintain an annual operating plan focused on an Analytical & Logistical Supply Services product roadmap
- Build business cases, if necessary, in support of Analytical & Logistical Supply Services to meet customers’ needs and in alignment with organizational goals & objectives
- Support sales on strategic opportunities with presentations, customer visits, etc
- Embrace and promote a culture of continuous process improvement
- Develop and manage win/loss analysis to identify key issues with Supply Services offerings
- Partner cross-functionally with Product Management, Integrated Supply Chain Operations (Network Planning, Demand Planning, Operations), Marketing Operations & Excellence, BioContinuum®, EMPROVE® Program, Marketing Communications, Segment Marketing, Technology Management, and Sales
- Support various Thought Leadership Council activities under the Supplier Partnership Management theme; publish white papers
- Periodically present to internal partners, customers and at industry events
Who you are:
- BS degree with 8+ years’ experience, MS degree with 3+ years’ experience, or PHD
- BA/BS in supply chain management, marketing, engineering, biotechnology, or related discipline strongly desired. MBA with a complementary marketing or operational focus a plus.
- Experience in services product management, value stream mapping/statements of work and pricing strongly preferred
- Proven capabilities in business process re-engineering and leading cross-functional teams
- Experience in the development of digital marketing strategies and campaigns is highly preferred
- Proficient in Office 365 Suite strongly preferred
- Entrepreneurial, self-starting, strategic thinker with demonstrated track record of success in the development and execution of business programs
- Familiarity with biopharmaceutical industry and supply chain management
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work in a fast-paced and highly cross-functional and environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously with a high degree of independence
- Self-motivated, energetic, organized, and results oriented
- Capable of influencing and navigating through a complex organization
- Flexible and willingness to travel globally up to 30%
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.