A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Responsible for the receipt of all incoming materials, supplies, equipment and returned goods. Routes or delivers material to storage or production areas. Safely operates a variety of material handling equipment, which may include narrow aisle, wire guided powered industrial trucks. Confirms customer orders before they are packed to ensure the correct chemicals are shipped and packs them to ensure conformity to all applicable shipping regulations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Receives and puts away all incoming materials, supplies, equipment and returned goods (Receiving)
- Unloads trailer using power equipment, verify freight, and sign bill of lading (Receiving)
- Sorts, inspects, and receives in the appropriate system IE SAP (Receiving)
- Applies labels and cans inbound materials (Receiving)
- Schedules dock appointments with carriers (Receiving)
- Communicates with Procurement any discrepancies or product issues (Receiving)
- Packs hazardous and nonhazardous items for shipment to customer (Packing)
- Packs pre-pack and bulk materials, following established procedures and instructions while complying with hazard regulations (Packing)
- Packs and meters specialty orders (Packing)
- Communicates with Customer Interface Departments on shipping issues, expedites priorities (Packing)
- Works with external vendors to schedule dock appointments (Bulk Receiving)
- Communicates and resolves discrepancies with internal customers (Packing/Receiving)
- Verifies chemicals, catalog number, lot number, special requests information, unit size and weights against order documentation found in packing or receiving instructions
- Applies all required labels and markings to box to comply with hazardous materials regulations (Packing/Receiving)
- Prepares hazardous shipping documentation (Packing/Receiving)
- Maintains record of orders (Packing/Receiving)
- Removes and ships all defective material to vendors (Packing/Receiving)
- Put product away using scanner or computer system (Material Handler)
- Selects and puts away material using narrow aisle, wire guided machines. This includes use of “operator up” machines and other powered industrial trucks (Material Handler)
- Operates both powered and manual material handling equipment in a safe manner (Material Handler)
- Fulfills internal supply orders
- Accurately selects and stages product with use of power equipment
- Delivers product to on site customers and puts product into storage areas
- Maintains inventory accuracy
- Performs all necessary adjustments and moves in the appropriate system
- Assists with training new employees
- Audit counts, verify actual location with system
- Works with team leads and supervisors to troubleshoot systems issues.
- Operates SAP and WMS systems, and retrieve pull slips for pull ticket runs.
- Reports unsafe or potentially unsafe hazards to team leads or any member of management.
- Miscellaneous duties and tasks as assigned
- Exemplary attendance and adherence to schedule
Who You Are
- HS Diploma or equivalency required.
- One plus year of work experience and one plus year experience operating powered industrial equipment preferred.
- SAP and Manhattan software experience helpful. Experience packing/shipping hazardous materials helpful.
- Shipping regulation knowledge or experience also preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate in a professional manner with all levels of staff both orally and written.
- Good organizational, time management and written/oral communication skills.
- Ability to work quickly and adjust to changing priorities in a fast-pace environment.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.