A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
In this role you will coordinate outbound logistical operations. Your tasks include releasing customer deliveries, inventory adjustments, creating and finalizing shipments, contacting carriers and preparing transportation documentation. You will also work with customer service, the department Supervisor and the Warehouse employees to expedite customer orders and solve problems.
- Plans, schedules, and routes inbound and outbound domestic and international shipments of freight, using knowledge of postal regulations, tariffs, and company policy.
- Coordinates with carriers, audits freight bills, prepares and negotiates claims, and selects or recommends carriers to ensure efficient, timely and least expensive movement of goods and material.
- May conduct research on transportation methods, rates and routes. May develop program to audit and monitor carrier rates and charges and evaluate past performance and cost of transportation.
- Inventory management.
- Assures product delivery in accordance with customer requirements given manufacturing capabilities.
- Inputs information into sales orders and related customer information into applicable systems along with investigates problems related to shipment of products, credits, new orders and other customer-related matters.
- Reviews exceptions with supervisor prior to action.
- Works under limited supervision.
- Works without instruction on routine work, with general instructions given on new types of work or special projects.
- May provide guidance to other non-exempt personnel when required.
- Provides first-line support to Operators in the absence of the DC Supervisor
- Identifies and implements efficiency measures within the Traffic function and works with other Distribution Centers within the network to harmonize processes
- Responsible for working with Customer Service and other supporting functions to ensure all required shipping documentation is obtained prior to shipment
- Performs data analysis into complaints logged and those that physically arrive to the Distribution Center to maintain KPI goals
- Provides support to inventory transactions such as cycle count creation, inventory discrepancies/research
- Travel 10% domestic and internationally with ability to travel on short notice
Who You Are:
- HS diploma
- 2+ years of Logistics, Distribution or Transportation experience
- 2+ years of experience in a regulated global manufacturing environment
- Prior experience preferably in the medical device or a technology focused industry
- Experience in Lean Six Sigma a strong plus
- Strong PC knowledge, with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software
- Excellent English communications skills both written and oral.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrates ability to work as a team member.
- SAP Knowledge a plus
- Knowledge of Safety.
- Experience with shipping Dangerous (DOT, IATA) goods preferred
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.