A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
At EMD Serono as an Executive Assistant you will provide high-level administrative support to the Vice President and the Vice President’s team. In this role you will develop broad and comprehensive experience, skills, and knowledge in organizational policies, procedures and practices. You will also facilitate and coordinate projects and deadlines directly or in collaboration with others. You will work independently and carry out large scale special assignments with minimal supervision
- Provide advanced administrative support to the Vice President and general support to the Vice President’s team.
- Understand the scope and content of ongoing programs that the team is involved in and assist with projects where necessary while prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously to ensure follow-through on issues in a timely manner.
- Maintain responsibility for extremely heavy calendar management requiring interaction with both internal and external senior executives and their assistants, as well as third party stakeholders and industry partners to coordinate a variety of complex executive meetings and large-scale events.
- Apply superior analytical skills to the screening of routine and highly confidential responses to incoming mail, email, telephone calls and messages.
- Track external vendor/consultant contracts, billing, and payments. Route documents through internal process and obtain necessary signatures in a timely/efficient manner.
- Ensure deadline delivery for team meeting agendas/minutes, periodic team reports, etc.
- Assist with high-level PowerPoint presentation graphics and content arrangement often intended for executive management or external partners. Maintain a library of such graphics, templates and formats. Presentation work also involves notebook design and assembly along with other materials associated with the presentation.
- Coordinate complex and detailed travel arrangements both international and domestic.
- Develop and maintain a confidential, centralized filing system which is linked to computer network filing structure.
- Coordinate and schedule high-level business meetings for the executive and direct reports (and others as assigned).
- Process expense reports ensuring timely submission and accuracy.
- Collaborate with internal parties at all levels to gather information and prepare reports.
Who you are:
- HS Diploma/Equivalent with 5+ year’s experience
- 5+ year’s experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Bachelor’s degree with 1 plus years of experience
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive or proprietary information
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills - written, oral and listening; ability to communicate effectively with internal and external contact persons
- Ability to multitask and to be flexible to work assignments
- Experience working in a matrix of team support and leader support
- Demonstrated ability to think beyond confines of own function; consider interfaces, understand need for and actively foster cross-functional cooperation
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.